Friday, October 23, 2015

Slice of Life October 23rd

    "I have been waiting for this day all year," I exclaimed.  They sat in their seat with their focused eyes following me around the room.  I couldn't wait to unveil this amazing journey we were about to embark on as a class.  I have seen how life changing this process can be.  I could feel their nervous excitement as I shared my experience with SOL.
     The light soared and brought the projected image to life!  The large orange slice of life logo became part of my our environment.  "Today, you will write your first Slice of Life Blog,"I shared with my class.  "You have learned how to write a personal narrative, and now, you will get a chance to share your amazing life with our readers."  The students' mouths fell open and their eyes bulged.  So, I continued,  "I have created posters, and I am sending them to our parents so they can share your words with others." "WHAT!?!?" they exclaimed.  "Yes, the world will know what amazing authors you are!!" I joyously sang out!  "I am so excited!"  They stared at me like I had a bug crawling out of my nose.   I could tell each of them had a million questions in their mind, but all that arose was a sigh that could be heard all the way to the moon.

This is going to be fantastic!


3 comments: