Friday, May 15, 2015

Howdy!




It's my turn to tell you about the great university where I went to school. Texas A&M University located in College Station, Texas is an awesome place!  I began my college career the fall of 1991.  I was admitted into the College of Architecture.

I spent three years competing in the field of Architecture.  I then decided I wasn't competitive enough or precise enough to make it in architecture.  The models nearly killed me.  :)  The one below is one I found online created by some students.  I can't begin to tell you how bad I was at building these models!
A model made by Texas A&M architecture and landscape architecture students Michael Hernandez, Jose Perez, Xi Zhao, Maggie Webber and Jimmy Solis for a potential Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children facility in Frisco.

So, I changed my major to my other love....teaching and moved to the College of Education!  I am thrilled to be an Aggie educator!




Besides classes, I was extremely involved at Texas A&M University.  I was a Fish Camp Counselor, a member and officer of MSC Hospitality, Aggie Sisters for Christ, and a hostess for Aggie Muster.  This is what A&M calls the "Other" education.  I fully believe that my time in these organizations helped shape me into the person and teacher that I am today.


 I loved everything about being an Aggie!  It was the ONLY university I applied to for my undergraduate degree.  It was the perfect fit for me!



I love it so much, that I have recently been accepted into their Masters of Education program!  I am honored to begin my second round of classes and learning in August.




No comments:

Post a Comment